Monday, November 13, 2006

A Friend Who Gets It......


I've known my girlfriend Heide since High School, I'm even godmother to her daughter Patricia. Well, last week I was talking to Heide and of course giving her my whole sad story about the wait and how I am never going to be a mommy. By the time we hung up I was sure I completely depressed her and figured I wouldn't be talking to her for awhile!!! Well, Friday I get a package at work and inside was this shirt from Heide with a great note explaining that she wanted to do something special for me because I was sad and that I should wear my shirt with pride.

Something as simple as the thought she put into sending me the shirt and even more important that she got what I was feeling was completely overwhelming to me.

I wore my shirt on Sunday to Target and Stop and Shop, and I wore it proudly!!! I tried taking a picture of me wearing the shirt but you couldn't see the writing.

So THANKS Heide! I LOVE THE SHIRT

5 Comments:

Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I love that shirt. What a sweet friend you have! Very thoughtful!

Janet T.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so great that you have a friend like Heidi in your life! It will certainly help during this wait time. I love the shirt:)

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love that shirt! I wish I had one. what a great idea from your friend! She is awesome!

Kim

10:18 PM  
Blogger Tawni said...

It sounds like Heidi just "gets it"! No wonder you've been friends for so long. She's a keeper! Love the shirt!

3:26 PM  
Blogger JMCS said...

OMG, what a great friend. She sounds like one special person and so do you!

The shirt is GREAT! :)

Jonni
www.journeytosofia.com

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home