Wednesday, December 20, 2006

CHINA ADOPTION IN THE NEWS....

O.k., so I've been going back and fourth about what I should post on the blog and what I shouldn't. I had to decide if I wanted this to be a place where I only post fun happy stuff or a place where I express my emotions and thoughts. So after a lot of thinking I decided that this should be a place where my family and friends can go and really follow our journey and not only posting the happy things but the not so happy stuff and the emotional roller coaster that International Adoptions brings.

So, with that said yesterday I came home from work to find three voice mails telling me that Channel Four news was doing a report about China Adoptions, one message said "Tracy did you know they are closing the china adoption program, another said "there's going to be a story about china changing it's requirements" the last two I never got to listen to because in a moment of panic I deleted them. So I turned on channel four but was too late, the story had already been aired. Well, from what I got was they pretty much said what I already knew, no singles, must be married for a minimum of two years, BMI under 40, no depression history, or be on medication, and a net value of $80,000! They did say these new requirements wouldn't go into effect until May 1, 2007!

Then, I come into work this morning and see the wall street journal has a story about the same thing. Our agency was quoted in it.

O.k., so I know that we are LID 7/6/06, already waiting over 5 months (that is hard to believe) and I have nothing to worry about BUT I can not help but worry, and think is this really going to happen??? I'm I waiting for a baby that isn't coming??

Tonight is my office holiday dinner.... I think I will be passing it up! Not much into celebrating!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally with you on this. We are coming up on seven months logged in, but I still worry that it's really going to happen. I can't even bring myself to prepare for the "what if it doesn't..." I am sure you are fine, but I understand your panic.

I also get the not wanting to celebrate. I spent two days at work this week avoiding every adult I possibly could. I just didn't feel like talking, and I didn't want to get the "so did you hear anything" question for fear of bursting into tears!

It's helpful to know I'm not the only one feeling these things. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like the new regulations either. We are at their mercy, I'm afraid....I just am putting at the back of my mind for now.....hang in there....

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home