Tuesday, December 12, 2006

NOT A WHOLE LOT TO REPORT....

There is not a lot of information to report right now. CCAA had their annual BIG meeting on December 8, 2006! Our agency was there and has given us an update on new information.

Apparently the wait is not going to decrease and may even increase in the coming months. Right now we are looking at a 15 to 16 month wait from the date we were LID, which is July 6, 2006! If that is true then we would see a referral around the Fall of 2007 more likely the beginning 2008! YIKES!!! I hate putting that in words! It makes it more real!!! I am still holding out for a referral at the end of 2007 and travel in the beginning of 2008!! That I can handle a little better.

Also during this big meeting it was discussed that new adoptive parent qualifications will be going into effect as well as new fees! Thankfully, neither of these pertain to Bob and I since we are already LID!! These will effect people who's dossiers arrive in China after May 1, 2007!! This is giving people that are still paper chasing a chance to make it in before the new rules!!!

I can tell you that I am glad that Bob and I are planning on Emma being an only child, I don't think I can handle this ride again!

That's all I have for now!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I missed your LID anniversary....Happy Day!!!!! Hope all is well with you guys. Thanks again for the brownies they are yummy.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home