Tuesday, January 16, 2007

FOUND THE CRIB

Well, Bob and I happen to stop in a crib outlet over the weekend! o.k., maybe it didn't just "happen", I planned it. Anywho, we found the crib we want! I've posted the crib we thought we wanted in "Emma's Nursery" section but when we walked into the store there it was! We had originally planned on light wood but my dad built us an Armoire and dresser/changing table for Emma's nursery and he painted it to look like distressed wood and Bob and I weren't sure our light wood crib would look good in there. Now our crib is called the "cottage collection" and is a cottage white color and is beautiful! I can see Emma sleeping peacefully in it already!

The salesman was very nice and when we explained that we are adopting our baby from China and that we weren't sure when we would need the crib he offered to hold it for us up to one year. I certainly hope I will need the crib within the next year!! The thought of that makes me cry!

Well, Bob and I had a hard to commenting to the crib, I am not sure why we left to "think about it" I am not sure what there is to think about, we are having a baby and we need a crib. SO, we are going back on Saturday to leave a 10% deposit and take our time to pay it off since he is willing to hold it for us and I can't bare to look at a crib in her room without her in it. It's bad enough it is painted and the furniture my dad made is in there.

What a funny coincidence that my sister would call me yesterday and tell me that she found the perfect bedding for Emma in a catalog that matches her room. I hadn't told her that we found a crib that we both loved, so it was funny that she would have found the perfect bedding the same weekend, also funny was that the picture had a personalized item in it and the name on it was Emma. What are the chances of that??

I will post a picture as soon as I can find one online. And Thanks to Bob's parents, Irene and Bob who are purchasing the babies crib for us!!

4 Comments:

Blogger aimeeg said...

That is so exciting! I can't wait until we find ours:)

6:36 PM  
Blogger PaulaBrett said...

It is exciting finding the right crib. I have painted Chloe's room and I couldn't wait to get the crib set up in her room. I've still got finishing touches left to do. But I am finding a kind of peace when I go into her room and see the crib. Makes it all seem a little more real and makes me feel better about this LONG wait.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Cora & Mike said...

Ooohh! Pics please!! :-)

8:14 PM  
Blogger JMCS said...

That is such great news about the crib. I bet it is making it feel real now. John and I bought ours last May and it is downstairs in a box, I can't wait to do Sofia's nursery. Please post a pic soon, I want to see Emma's crib!

Hugs,
Jonni

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home