Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Not much going on...

I really don't have a whole lot to write about, but was feeling the need to be connected to my blog so here I am.

Bob and I didn't go to the furniture store over the weekend as planned. He was able to work overtime on Saturday and took advantage of that. I didn't want to go without him. Seemed to be something we both should do together. My parents are visiting February 3rd. for their anniversary dinner, my dad doesn't know it yet but I have a few projects for him. I would like to put crown modeling around the babies room ceiling. I think that will finish off the "cottage" look I am going for. I have curtains that match the border we put up but decided I am going to attempt to make them myself. I found great fabric and want to use it. (well, actually I am going to ask my neighbor to help me, although he has no idea)

I think I posted here before that my mom is insisting on having a baby shower for me before the baby comes home. She planned on doing it in April, but I enlisted my sister to explain to her that I really wanted to wait until we were out of the review room and moved to the matching room. I know we have nothing to worry about, but you just never know and why jinx it, right?? So, my sister did my dirty work told my mom we wanted to wait and believe it or not, she took it very well. I know she means well and her and my dad are very excited about the arrival of Emma so I appreciated her understanding on the matter. Although, I had to commit to another date. So, I think we are going for October 6th! Do you think July will be out of the review room by then....it better be or I think I will just bust! There is only so much one girl can handle. So, you would think that it would be me who was disappointed that we weren't having a shower, right?? After all the shower really is for the mom to be! NOPE, it was my very sensitve husband, Bob. When I told him that my sister was going to talk to mom about changing the date he said "You mean we aren't having our shower in April"?? I felt sad for him! I am so caught up in my own emotions that I forgot that this is hard for him too! So we had the heart to heart talk about the whole thing, both felt sorry for ourselves and moved on! What else can you do.

So, my new bestest friend Kim (journeytoemmagrace) and I have talked a lot about the "when" question. Our projections are a referral toward the end of the year, travel January/February 2008! She is LID 7/4/06 and we are LID 7/6/06 so we are REALLY REALLY hoping we get our referral at the same time and are in China together! Although we are trying to plan a trip to meet way before that. Of course not very easy task since she lives in Michigan and we live in NYC. But somehow we will make it work.

O.k. for someone that didn't have a lot to say, I've taken up a lot of space!! LOL

2 Comments:

Blogger aimeeg said...

Wow, with a May 06 LID, I am REALLY hoping your projections are right:)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I know, the husbands feel it too, don't they? They just don't show it as much as we "puddles" do.....:-)

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home