Tuesday, March 06, 2007

ANOTHER ANNIVERSARY

It is one year ago today that Bob and I had our home visit. I remember how nervous we were and had no idea what to expect. We spent the entire weekend reorganizing and cleaning. Our social worker arrived at our house at 10:30 a.m. and left at 2:30 p.m. Everyone we talked too said oh she will be there about two hours....well four hours later she was done. But honestly it did not feel like that long. We had a great visit. All the cleaning out of our closets, moving our appliances to clean behind them didn't really matter. She loved the house, we had a great visit and it was more like having tea with an old friend. Have I mentioned that Bob and I really liked our social worker and our agency, they are both the best.

When our social worker was here we discussed wait times, and I think we all felt confident that we would have our baby home by our LID anniversary which is July 6th. Looking at projections, where the CCAA is in referrals, and other contributing factors, I am sure that is no longer a reality. I am holding onto December/January but a little voice inside is telling me to prepare for a longer wait more like March/April. At this point I am not prepared to accept that and will hold on to the December/January projection.

What a difference a year makes, today Bob and I are both home again but this time he has a infection in his throat and I have to have a procedure done at the hospital tomorrow and today is a prep day for it.

For some reason, last year was a much better day! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger aimeeg said...

It's truly amazing what a difference a year makes in our lives.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home