Friday, March 30, 2007

Just received an email from our coordinator at our agency. Well, I should start with I emailed her to ask about upcoming paperwork expiring and what exactly will we need to do. Apparently Bob and I have been in the dark about exactly what is involved.

Our coordinator emailed me today and said that we will need to re-do our medical, financial statement, child abuse clearance, have another homevisit and re-apply and pay for our I-600 approval. Pretty much EVERYTHING that we had to do to start this process. Our current paper work expires in October, and with no hope of traveling by then there is no way around this.

I am very sad and really don't know why. It's just paper work, right?? What is the big deal??? I think for me the big deal is that I was sure Emma would be home this summer. I was sure that we would be spending the summer bonding as a family and looking forward to the upcoming holidays with our little girl. The realization that we are so far from that happening that we have to re-do our homestudy report is just too much for me to handle.

Actually, I am not sure if I am sad or angry??

2 Comments:

Blogger JMCS said...

I am so sorry to hear this disappointing news. I just went through the anger of it last week. I had not heard from my agency and finally they returned an email about almost EVERYTHING having to be redone,. I was so mad, fingerpints don't change, so why do these have to be redone? I also did not know that we were going to have the to get the Dr.'s letters redone as well. I thought just a new I-171H and homestudy update (boy was I wrong). This is very hard, because there is nobody to scream at. I feel for you and hope that you feel better soon. I understand your frustration.

Hugs,
Jonni

11:41 AM  
Blogger Cora & Mike said...

I heard you. My agency hasn't contacted us just yet about our paperwork but we're prepared for it. Actually I didn't know the doctor's letters had to be redone? I guess we'll have to be ready for that now too!

I went through my emotional meltdown over the holidays - it had hit me then that we would definitely not have June home for yet another Christmas. But once I let it all out and accepted it, I started to feel much better. The goal posts can't move much more at this point!

Hang in there, we'll all in this together!!

Love,
Cora

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home