Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Preparing for baby....not so easy!!


We had such a busy weekend. Bob and I registered for our baby registry at Babies R Us and Target or Tarjay! LOL

Babies R Us went pretty smoothly, they have the whole system down to a science, while we were sitting there registering with the customer service girl Bob got all teary eyed. He was so excited about this whole thing that he couldn't help himself. It made me cry. We must have been some sight two grown adults sitting in Babies R Us crying. LOL

Tarjay....not so easy. Partly my husband's fault. He has his HEART set on a specific bedding for Owen's room. You had to see his face when we got to the kids bedding area and they did not have it in a Twin!! He drove the poor customer service guy crazy. I went back to the bedding area and found it tucked in on a shelf but missing the pillow sham that goes with the quilt. I brought it back to the customer service area and they gave us a 30% discount. But while looking around for other accessories we found the sham in another isle. The picture above is the pillow that goes with the bedding set. The theme is outdoors and camping. The manager gave it to us and didn't make us pay additional for it, very nice of him. I think he just wanted me to take my husband out of the store and leave him alone!

I must have called my girlfriend Linda about 10 times from both stores. She has a 2 1/2 year old boy and another one on the way.....I like to add she is not finding out what she is having which I think is very selfish since I need to know if I can have all her boy stuff or if she is going to need it!! LOL I told her that if she is having a girl I have TONS of stuff for her. I've collected a nice little collection of girl stuff. I can't believe how much stuff a little 2 year old is going to need.

Anyone who looks at our registry will know which items Bob picked out, all geared toward rescue theme....do you think he wants him to be a Paramedic when he grows up????

After registering which took us 5 hours, and I am not kidding!!! We went to the crib store which has our crib on hold. I told him we had a little problem, he was SO NICE and said nothing is a problem!!! He offered us our money back or we could put it toward a bed for Owen. We got lucky since it was Memorial Day weekend and they were having a huge sale. We bought Owen a great solid oak bed, we took a picture but it has a pink comforter on it, so we will go back and take another picture without the pink and then I will post it. I think Mr. Crib man is feeling the same way towards us as Tarjay customer service guy and really isn't going to be happy when he see's us coming into the store!!! LOL

Monday we spent the entire day preparing for our move, AUGGGGGHHHH!!! You would think moving across the street would be easy, NOT!!! It is harder. I think it's because we didn't hire moving people or a truck because "it's only across the street" Mental note to self "WE SHOULD HAVE RENTED A TRUCK" Oh my god, I am EXHAUSTED from just going across the street. I can not wait for this weekend when everything is there and I can crash. Of course my compulsive disorder will kick in and I won't be able to not put boxes away, so I am sure I will be pulling an all nighter to get it done. Bob has to work this weekend so he lucked out, he won't have to be around for my melt down when it finally happens. LOL

Well, that is pretty much what is going on in our end of the world. VERY VERY BUSY! But to be honest I wouldn't trade it for anything, just knowing all this preparation is because there is a little guy waiting for us to bring him home to sleep in his new bed with his new bed set makes it all worth it, I just can't wait to hold him!

3 Comments:

Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

WOW, woman! You are going full speed! I love the bedding!

Oh, and my boys love the rescue heroes. I bet your Owen will too....(and his dad...) :-)

4:15 PM  
Blogger Shandra said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! It would be wonderful if we travel at the same time. What Province is your little guy in?

Sdmeakes@sbcglobal.net

2:02 PM  
Blogger JMCS said...

You have had some busy weekend! That's great news about you guys doing Owen's baby registries and about how Bob got emotional at the store. Isn't it wonderful that we have husbands who are so thoughtful and sweet?

I really love the picture of the pillow sham. The outdoors theme has always appealed to me. I told John the other day that we should move to a cabin on a lake when we retire, I think that would be great.

I hope that Linda has a little boy and you guys can trade things. That is a funny story about the crib. I am glad they were happy to transfer the money to a bed for Owen.

I hope that you guys are settled into your new place and I can't wait until Owen comes home. Take care my dear.

Hugs,
Jonni

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home