Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Beautiful Poem

This morning in China a mother cries
She’ll never forget her son’s eyes
Her heart is broken and filled with pain
The tears run down like the falling rain.
She has no choice but to leave him there
The cost of keeping is too much to bear
She hopes her son will one day know
True love can be found in letting him go.
This morning in China a baby cries
Hungry and scared as tears fill his eyes
His mother has left him in this public place
Another lost son of the Chinese race.
Someone passing by has heard his soft moan
He’s soon quickly taken to a foster home
It’s here he’ll reside in the care of another
Until he’s adopted by a brand new mother.
That very same moment, in the U.S.A.
A woman cries as she starts to pray
Her heart is heavy but filled with much love
She prays for a son she thinks the world of.
“Dear Jesus I ask that your arms would be
Wrapped tightly around the one picked for me
Guard him in China ‘till I make my way
And then in my arms forever he’ll stay.”

Author Unknown to me

3 Comments:

Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Are you TRYING to make me cry? :-) Sniff.

4:43 PM  
Blogger kerri said...

This took my breath away, wow.
Thanks for posting, moving beyond words.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Shandra said...

Great poem. I sent you an email. I rushed over thinking you might have posted pics!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home