Friday, June 08, 2007

THANK GOODNESS IT'S FRIDAY!

I am so happy it's Friday!

Bob and I have a pretty busy weekend. Tomorrow is my friend and co-workers son's first birthday party! I can't believe it's been a year! So much has happened in a year! This time last year we were preparing to send our dossier to China and thinking we would be traveling by this time this year for our daughter.

The road has taken a slight curve and we will be traveling to China not for our daughter, but our precious son! And I truly wouldn't want it any other way! It still amazes me that I can love someone so much that I haven't met yet?? How could everyday since looking at his picture my life has changed? I no longer think about what I need, what I want, but what Owen is going to need, what Owen is going to want? I already start to cry when I think about him having surgery to repair is palate, the thought of the first day I have to leave him in someone else's care so I can go to work.

Yes, I am no longer Tracy McGrath but Owen's mommy and you know what? I LOVE IT!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Tracy

2 Comments:

Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I loved that post. I think the only people who truly understand how you could love someone you've never yet met is...others who feel the exact same way....:-)

1:43 PM  
Blogger JMCS said...

Owen's Mommy! That sounds wonderful. We are all so very blessed to be given the opportunity to eventually become mommies.

I hope you and Bob have a nice time at your co-worker's son's 1st birthday. I can't wait until Owen comes home!

Hugs,
Jonni
:)

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home