Tuesday, July 24, 2007

CARE PACKAGE, BABY SHOWER, HOMEVISIT, OH MY!

So much has been going on and I haven't had a free minute to update my blog....BAD BLOGGER!

First, Owens care package!! IT HAS LANDED at it's first destination which is the service we are using inside China to ship our package through domestic mail!! It arrived there on Saturday and I received an email Sunday letting me know that they would be shipping it to the orphange on Monday priority mail! Which means our little guy should be receiving it hopefully in the next day or two! I will definitely post once I know he got it! We are already talking about what to put into our next box.

Now the baby shower! OH MY, I don't know where to begin! It was GREAT! I got everything I could possibly want or need from our family and friends. They out did themselves. Everyone kept saying that "he is special" because Bob and I have waited for so long for him and because we are flying half a world away to get him! I would have to agree! He is definitely our very special gift and couldn't ask for anything else!

Bob read the poem that we put on our favor boxes "until forever" and he cried. It was very touching. I felt sad for him, he had only one aunt attend the shower, the rest where my family and our friends. I know he felt bad about it.

Now, the home visit! Our social worker came out to the house yesterday to do our updated home visit for INS. We are in the process of completing the paper work to send in for our finger printing, child abuse clearance and medicals. I can't believe we are doing that all over again, although this time does seem alot easier. Our social worker (did I mention how much Bob and I like her) loved the house and LOVED his bedroom. She couldn't believe how great it looked and couldn't believe all the gifts we received from the shower. She said "I know your son is going to be loved so much" and "Bob and I are going to make great parents" That meant so much to both of us to hear her say that. She said "I'll see you in a few months when your little one is home" I hope she is right and it's a few months.

Bob and I went to Babies R Us after she left to return a few things and get another gate for the bottom of our stairs. It felt so good walking around Babies R Us as a family waiting for their baby, instead of being there only to buy someone else a gift.

So, that is pretty much it! It's been a crazy three days but I wouldn't have changed it one bit. I will post pictures as soon as someone sends me them, I took none!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim and John said...

I am so glad your weekend went so well. I am happy to hear you had a wonderful shower. I cannot wait to hear about the gifts and see pic's. You are almost there! He will be home in no time. :-)

12:23 PM  
Blogger kerri said...

Sounds like you and Bob had a wonderful shower, congrats.
Good to see the care package has landed, hugs for Mr. Bear coming up very soon.
I would love to see photos of that cute little bedroom, I (and hubby)fell in love with Owen's little bear rug and bedding(made me want a little boy)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, wow, and wow! I want to see some pics! Glad you got all the stuff you need at your shower. Owen will be home soon! jen

10:22 PM  
Blogger Cora & Mike said...

YAY!!! Lots of good stuff to report. Please post some pics of all the cool baby gifts!

One step closer to Owen!!

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home