Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I AM SOOOO EXCITED...............

We just got word from our agency that we can send a care package to Owen! Our agency representative in China checked with Owen's institute and the director gave the go ahead to send him a small package!!!

This makes it more real for me. The director of the institute knows that our little guy in China has a family, they love him already and they want to send him presents.......CAN IT GET ANY BETTER THEN THAT!

Does anyone have suggestions as to what I should send?? I will of course send pictures of Bob and me, of our home, of his beautiful room waiting for him and of his nana and papa and cousin, I was also thinking a toy and a blanket with our smells on it and candy for the other children at the institute, am I missing anything??? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have I mentioned how much Bob and I LOVE OUR SON!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim and John said...

Hey Tracy, I was told to get 2 exact blankets and sleep with them both and mail one to your son and bring the other with you when you pick him up. Our agency has a care package you can buy that has a teddy bear, blanket, camera etc. Do not forget to send a camera so they can take pictures of Owen and where he lives. I am so excited to hear about this. You are one step closer to going and getting your son. I was hoping for a call missy! :-)

8:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay Tracy! Some other ideas are a Build a Bear with your voice recorded inside, or a CD/tape of you and Bob singing or reading stories. Have fun! We are working on ours too! love ya! jen

8:38 PM  
Blogger kerri said...

I am so excited for you Tracy, we never got to send care packages to Jennifer, we did with Jillian but we don't believe she recieved it because she had moved to foster care.
I love Jen's idea with build a bear(and of course the camera) with your voices on it, something to cuddle.
I am so happy for you and Bob,ya!!!

8:57 PM  
Blogger JMCS said...

What awesome news! How about one of those cute little Sassy books "who loves baby" that you can fill with pictures of you, Bob and your home, etc. That way Owen can familiarize himself with your pictures. Also, don't forget a camera. :)

Hugs,
Jonni

4:28 PM  
Blogger Shandra said...

I just sent Baby L's care package last week. talk abotu real! It is finally setting in!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Cora & Mike said...

Ooooh, so exciting!!!!

I have no clue what goes in care packages but it sounds like you got some great ideas. Have a blast putting it together! :-)

Keep us posted!

Love,
Cora

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home