Friday, August 03, 2007

OUR AGENCY.......

I hear a lot of people not happy with their agencies, say that they are not supportive, don't return calls, etc. Bob and I are so lucky that we have an agency that is nothing like that. If I had to complain about something it would be that our coordinator doesn't answer emails the same day, it's usually one or two days later, but I've never emailed her with a urgent matter.

Last night I had a melt down about the wait. Several other families received their LOA and we are still waiting, it's been over 60 days since we sent out LOI. I am not ashamed to admit I am jealous, I want mine! I am so happy for my fellow blogger buddies that will be seeing their beautiful babies in the next month or so and they know that they can relate to my feelings, but when will it be my turn? I want it to be my turn.

Getting Owens updated pictures was a mixed blessing, I am thrilled to see him growing healthy and knowing that he is being taken care of but at the same time I am upset that he is growing without me and being taken care of by someone else. Does this make sense????? I want it to be me with him as he grows, I want him to be taken care of by me, his mother!

So, this morning I left my agency a "I am in a bad place, please call me call"!! I left that message at 8:05 a.m. and honestly don't remember all that I said on the message but I am sure I was not making much sense. At 8:45 a.m. my phone rang and it was my coordinator. She said "Tracy McGrath please, I said speaking" she said "take a deep breath and let's talk" We had a great 30 minute phone call and although she couldn't tell me when, she did let me vent, cry (o.k. sob) and she did know exactly what to say to me to make this process slightly better. At the end of our conversation she said "by the way, I hear that Owen is going to have one great bedroom and you have been utilizing your wait wisely" Obviously our social worker reported back about our home visit last week.

We hear a lot from people things like "he is so lucky to have you" "what a lucky kid" but you know what? We are so lucky to have him and we will be forever grateful to be parents to him.

COME ON CHINA, GIVE ME MY BABY!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lilly said...

I am hoping you get your TA REALLY SOON!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home