Wednesday, August 08, 2007

SO MANY NEW FRIENDS....

I had to take a moment to post about all the friends I've made threw this blog. When I started this I thought it would be a place where I would jot down my thoughts and updates and my family and friends could follow this journey. I never thought how many great friendships have been built because of it.

You all have been a great support system during this extremely long and stressful journey and when my Bonbon passed away you all gathered around and let me know that you cared. It truly helped.

Last night I made another new friend, Kim. Kim has adopted two children from China and actually just came home from China in May. Her Zoey is from the same orphanage as Owen. I found her totally by chance. I was strolling through Rumor Queen and found a post that she had made about Hubei province. I reached out to her because I wanted to hear all the details of her trip and her daughter. When I went to Kims blog and saw her daughters referral photo she was wearing the exact outfit that Owen has on in his referral photo down to the shoes. To say I was excited would be putting it mildly.

Kim was nice enough to give me her phone number so that we could chat, when I called her last night I really thought I was talking to a friend I've had forever, she was so nice and answered all my questions and gave me some real helpful information about our trip and about Hubei.

It has been that way with all my blogger buddies, I know that I couldn't have gotten through this without all of you and look forward to following every ones journey to bringing your baby's home and watching them all grow up.

You are all AWESOME!

4 Comments:

Blogger JMCS said...

That's great that you made a new friend. That's amazing that both children wearing the same outfit. It's almost like you were meant to meet one another. I feel the same way about meeting so many nice people. :)

Hugs,
Jonni

8:45 PM  
Blogger kerri said...

It has been great corresponding with you on and off the blogs, your an awesome lady. Looking forward to the day you bring Owen home.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Shandra said...

I feel the same way. This journey has been amazing b/c of people like you. Thanks for coming along.

12:35 AM  
Blogger JMCS said...

I heard that a package of LOAs & TAs are in the mail and should be here this Friday. I hope that Owen's LOA is in there. My fingers are crossed. :)

Hugs,
Jonni

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home