Monday, September 10, 2007

A DAY OF REMEMBRANCE

There really isn't too much to say about September 11th. I know for me, I will never forget what I was doing when I heard the news. I also won't forget stepping outside my office building and looking down 5th Avenue and seeing the smoke coming from downtown. And the moment when we realized the tower collapsed. I was standing on the street with complete strangers and we all just gasped and held each others hands. I also remember thinking that I was born and raised in NYC and never realized you could see the towers by looking down 5th Avenue. I suppose that's just because they've always been there and I never really appreciate that.

The most important thing that I remember about that day is how proud I am to be American but even prouder to be a New Yorker.

Our hearts and prayers go out to all those lost and to their families left behind.

2 Comments:

Blogger kerri said...

Tracy,
I am so sorry you had to experience that, so sorry.
I feel each and every one of us lost our "innocence" that day and that makes me so sad.
Prayers going out to those families today who lost loved ones..

3:06 PM  
Blogger insanemommy said...

It is one none of us we forget. So tragic. Each and every time we drive by the Pentagon we are reminded of that awful day. Our innocence was taken away that day. Sad.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home