Thursday, October 25, 2007

GOING AWAY PARTY AND OTHER THOUGHTS


Yesterday my office had a GOOD BYE PARTY! I think it was more like thank god I am leaving party, they've all had just about enough of me! I work with a great team of people and have been so supportive during this journey. Of course the theme was Chinese and we had Chinese Food! Thanks Amy for putting it all together! Here are a couple of pictures of the big day!!!
Today I came into work and my boss gave me a beautiful journal, she said she wants me to be able to record our journey to bringing our son home, but I think it's really because she wants to be sure I remember all the details of how Bob and I spent 11 days/24 hours a day together and managed to both get home alive so I can share at the lunch table! LOL I really don't think Bob and I have every spent this much time together all at once, this should be very interesting!
I think we are finally packed! I did it over the weekend but I've packed and repacked Owens suit case at least three times. It's very hard to pack for a little guy that you haven't met yet. I have both 2T and 3T cloths and a couple of 24 months just in case. I know I can buy stuff there but I really wanted to be prepared and not have to go cloths shopping right away.
Well, I think that's about it! The next time I journal I am sure we will have Owen and I will be a mommy...........That is so strange to say, MOMMY!
Thanks for all the kinds words, emails, phone calls, all are very much appreciated and please continue sending good thoughts while we are away!
Love,
Tracy

7 Comments:

Blogger kerri said...

What a great bunch of co-workers, I bet they can't wait for you to return and share all those monumental moments of becoming a Mommy.
I can hardly believe you are almost on your way, it is so close!!
I will be following your journey, all the motels have great internet service , it is fairly reasonable, there are also internet cafes in many areas.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Cora & Mike said...

Have a magical trip - I will be anxiously awaiting your next post as MOMMY AND DADDY!!!!!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Kim and John said...

Wow Tracy! You have such great co workers and a boss! I cannot wait to hear all about and read all about your journey. You are on your way to be a mommy! Congrats! Save Travels!!!

9:57 PM  
Blogger JMCS said...

What a great group of people that you work with. The party looked lovely and I can't wait to read your posts from China. Best of luck to you and Bob. I can't wait to see pictures of Owen!!!

Love ya!
Jonni

11:46 PM  
Blogger kerri said...

I am thinking of you today, I bet you are the happiest people on the planet!!!
I can't wait to hear all the details!!
Waiting in Canada,
Sending hugs to Owen and Mommy.

12:41 PM  
Blogger JMCS said...

Please, please, please let us know when you get your sweet litle Owen. We can't wait.

Love,
Jonni

3:52 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Tracy, How awesome! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see pics of you and Bob and Owen all together! Have a great trip!

jen

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home