Sunday, October 07, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR SON!


Well, today is Owen Qiao 2nd Birthday! I can't believe we are not with him. I had definitely thought we would be celebrating his birthday at Chucky Cheese, but instead he is half a world away, Bob had to work and I stayed home and felt sorry for myself. I did meet Bob at work and we sang happy birthday and enjoyed cupcakes in honor of Owen.

Here is a picture of Bob with the cupcakes.

Today I gave a lot of thought about his birth mom and how she must have felt the moment she realized she couldn't take care of her son and needed to say goodbye? I wonder what thoughts are going through her mind today as she remembers that she gave birthday to a son? I wish I could tell her that she doesn't have to worry, she doesn't have to feel sad about her choice. I would want to say thank you to her, thank you for giving me the opporunity to be a mommy, thank you for giving me the opporutnity to make everyday of his life special, thank you for giving me our son.
I know there will be a time when Owen will want to know all about the woman that gave him life, and why she didn't want him. I know that I will tell him that that it was never a matter of her not wanting him, she just knew that there was somebody out there that needed him more, and that somebody is ME.
Here is a blurb to a poem that I really like "I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you" that is truly how I feel.

So, Happy Birthday to our boy!

WE LOVE YOU AND WE ARE COMING TO BRING YOU HOME!

4 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Awww - happy birthday Owen!!!

jen

12:06 AM  
Blogger kerri said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Owen.
You'll never have to celebrate anymore without your Mommy and Daddy.
XO

2:12 PM  
Blogger kerri said...

Tracey and Bob, stop over for a piece of cake....
come over to the home of the monkeys, the Monkey king.

2:18 PM  
Blogger JMCS said...

What a lucky little boy Owen is to have a Mommy and Daddy that loves him so much. Happy Birthday Owen! I can't wait until you are home.

Love,
Jonni

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home