Friday, October 05, 2007

WHERE DID THE WEEK GO??????

It feels like it was just yesterday when we got our travel dates, has it really been a week?? I am not sure where the time has gone. I haven't really done a whole lot in preparation for the big trip! I did pack Owen's suit case and probably this weekend will start on ours and we booked our airline tickets.

Bob and I spent two nights in the city this week. My boss/friend went away for a couple of days and has a 8 month old bishon frise puppy. She asked me if I wanted to puppy sit and stay at her apartment. Although I am not a big fan for staying in the city, it worked out since Bob worked a double on Wednesday and instead of having to drive home to only have to go back to work in 4 hours he was able to walk from the hospital to Carolee's apartment and get a good nights sleep. I think he liked being able to get up at 6:00 a.m. and walk to the hospital. We made it more like a mini getaway and had a nice two nights. The weather is beautiful in New York definitely more like summer then fall, but must admit I would like to start feeling more like fall.

Owen should receive his birthday package tomorrow!!! This is the third box we've sent to him, the first two I didn't wrap in paper, but this time I thought since it was his birthday I would wrap them in birthday paper!! BAD IDEA! Apparently customs didn't like that and decided to hold the package and unwrap them....more like tear them. And with the holiday in China our package was delayed by almost a week. THANKFULLY, it has arrived at redthreadchina and Ann is sending it priority mail within China. I am keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed that he gets in tomorrow since Sunday is his birthday.

He received his first birthday card from my parents!!!! My mom and dad are so excited about Owen, actually my entire family is excited about Owen. They have all decided that they will be at the airport when we come home. Aunts, Uncles, cousins, Nana, Papa, Aunt Rhonda and of course his cousin Matthew. I can't imagine what will be going through our sons mind when he sees all these crazy people waiting for him, because we know they didn't come to see us! LOL

This is Bob's weekend to work, I have plenty to do to keep me busy. Tomorrow I am having lunch with my girlfriend, I have know her since I am 12 years old. She is getting married and I missed her bridal shower. So tomorrow we will have a girls day and talk about her wedding plans and my baby plans. Bob and I will miss the wedding, it's our first day in China!!! Funny how I know Suz since grammer school, we've been through many things together and on the day that she begins her new journey as a wife I begin my new journey as a mother!!

Well, I guess that's it for now! Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger kerri said...

Time is a tickin', sounds like preperations are taking place.
I remember getting so excited when ordering the money, I knew the final countdown was on!!
When I started to pack for the trip I remember putting the girls little clothes in the suitcases then taking them out holding them , looking at them, it took forever to pack!!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home