Wednesday, November 14, 2007

DOCTOR APPOINTMENT

Yesterday was Owens first Cleft Doctor appointment. As we expected his was not happy about the doctor checking out his mouth. Mommy handled it worse then him. I cried the whole time.

His next appointment is January 3rd for a hearing test and to schedule the surgery. I am thinking it will be sometime in early February. Seems so far away, but I suppose this will give our little guy some time to adjust and give me time to prepare for him to have surgery.

We found out yesterday that both his hard and soft palate are affected by the cleft. The doctor said he has seen much worse but Owen's is significicant.

I don't think I posted much about Owen's personality. He is just amazing, he laughs all the time, his eyes say exactly what he is thinking and when he giggles everything on him scrunches up including his shoulders. He is saying Mama all the time. He loves to be hugged and kissed and when you ask him for a kiss he reaches toward you with his head. I get the lips though. He now says bye bye to everyone but still only throws kisses at my parents. When he hears my moms voice on the phone he giggles and says lala. We think that is love! When he is in the stroller he will reach up to you grab your hand and rub his face with it and hold it tight to him. A friend of ours who is chinese said that is his way of saying I love You. Not a day goes by that Bob and I don't cry just because we love him so much. Yesterday when I brought him to the hospital for his appointment we meet Bob when he saw Bob standing there he started clapping and had a big smile on his face and grabbed for Bob. The little things mean so much to us, he has really bonded with Bob and I.

So thats about it for now, I am sure more will come!

4 Comments:

Blogger JMCS said...

Tracy,

Isn't being a parent just wonderful??? There's no other feeling like it. It sounds like Owen's diganosis is similar to Sofia's. Both her hard and soft palate were affected and our also said it was a 6 on a sclae of 1 to 10. I am thinking of you, Bob and Owen. I know how hard those Dr. appts. are. Sofia also cries so much and it kills me. We are having her surgery done on 11/27 and I just broke down crying yesterday worrying. I think it's only natural for us to feel this way. Owen is such a little trooper and he is going to do great! If you ever need a friend to talk to, I am here. I am so happy to hear how well Owen is doing. :)

Love,
Jonni

10:55 AM  
Blogger Cora & Mike said...

Sounds like Owen is doing great and is Mr. Personality! I know that the doc appts must be so tough for you but little Owen is going to pull through like a champ. :-)

Can't wait to visit with you and meet Owen (time for another lunch with Jen!) - hopefully in the spring!

Keep the posts coming, I love reading all about your experiences and if you ever need to unload, you've got my email address!

Love,
Cora

8:02 PM  
Blogger kerri said...

Tracy,
If you don't stop these posts(kidding, xo) you going to have to reimberse(sp?) me in the kleenex department!!
I just get teary reading about Owen, I am just so happy for you. There is nothing greater than the joy you feel from your child.
I had a very bad cleft palate, both soft and hard, it was repaired when I was a year old. I know everything will be just fine with Owen's surgery, he has a lot of love, support, prayers and good medical care.
I am so happy Owen's adjustment and bonding has gone so well. :O)

12:50 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Tracy, we just got back from Taiwan Mon night and this is the first chance I had to check your blog! Wow - the pics of Owen are adorbable! I can't wait to see him in real life! Glad you are enjoying parenthood.

love,
jen

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home