Thursday, November 08, 2007

WE'RE HOME!

Hello, I am so happy to be home! Although our trip to bringing our son home was amazing there really is no place like home. I missed everything and everyone so much.

I am happy to report that Owen is doing well. When we got to Guangzhou and checked into the White Swan the front desk women saw our passports and said that our coordinator wanted to be informed as soon as we arrived. Apparently all my phone calls to our agency didn't go unnoticed, they upgraded our room to a suite. When our coordinator came to the room she was sincerely considered about Owen. She promised me that after his medical she knew a doctor there that would look at his xray and let us know if we had any reason for more concern.
Thankfully his chest xray is clear and he is doing great. She told us yesterday when taking us to the airport that she felt guilty about not being with us and hoped we could forgive her.

Anywho, more about Owen. He is eating A LOT, the kid loves everything. We haven't found a fruit, vegetable or meat that he doesn't like. He was given the name in our group as baby Buddha. LOL He did great on the flight home, the first 5 hours were a little rough with him, but once he got situated the remaining 8 went well. Thankfully he did not cry the entire time. Actually none of the babies on the plane cried.

Our flight was delayed from Beijing by an hour so we arrived at Newark at 6:45 p.m., I wasn't sure if my family was going to be there or not. They live 2 hours away and told them not to worry if we got in late and didn't make the trip. Well, when we came through customs the first people we saw were my brother-in-law and nephew! They had the video camera, I was walking holding Owen's hand, Bob had ALL the luggage. When we made the turn I saw my mother, father and sister standing behind the gates, the made a banner that said "welcome home Owen'" I have to post pictures because the banner was beautiful. It was made out of red white and blue felt with stars. And red, white and blue balloons. Everyone was crying, even my dad and Bob. They are so excited about the newest addition to the family. Owen wasn't sure what to make of the whole thing but true to his personality he went along with it and even gave us a couple of his great chuckles. I love the chuckles. When we got home and pulled in front of the house there was more balloons on our front steps. My neighbors put some there and the rest came from my Aunt Doris, Aunt Jackie, cousin Kelly and cousin Tommy. Tommy was waiting in his car for 2 hours to see us. I couldn't believe it. My Aunts are coming over on Sunday to meet the little guy. I really don't know what I would have done without the support from my mom and dad while in China, I spoke to them every other day and they really helped me stay strong and be a great mommy to my boy.

I am definitely still on China time. It's 3:51 a.m and I am awake and blogging, Bob and Owen are sound asleep. Owen doesn't like his bed, I think it's too big for him. So Bob set up camp on his bedroom floor and they two of them are snuggled up together snoring....they both snore!!! This would be a good time to mention what a great dad Bob is. He hasn't missed a beat. He is right there for the feedings, diaper changes, medicine giving, you name it he does it. I always knew he would be a great dad, but seeing him in this new role is just amazing.

I can't wait to check out every ones blogs and catch up. I really thought I would have more time to get online but truthfully I just didn't find the time. Maybe if Owen hadn't been sick the first week I would have had more energy for the Internet but being Owen's mommy has definitely become a full time job.....I would my boss can take a joke, when I left we had settled on my new hours when I go back to work, but now that I have him I can't imagine being away from him very long so we will need to readjust that schedule. I think she already knows it's coming.

Well, I guess I should try to catch some sleep, my day will probably start around 6:30 - 7:00 a.m when my chunky monkey gets up.

I have lots more to post about the trip and promise to do so in the coming days!!!

Thanks everyone for the emails, I really appreciated it.

9 Comments:

Blogger CT Metal Chick said...

Welcome home!! Tears are streaming down my face reading the updates of you bringing your son home. I am so happy for all of you to finally be together. Can't wait to talk to you about your trip and see all the pics. Please post a family photo ASAP.

Huggs & Kisses to you all!

Heide

10:05 AM  
Blogger kerri said...

As I type, I am tearing, I just love your description of arriving home to see the love and support at the airport.
I am so glad Owen is feeling better, how funny he loves to eat, good guy, you'll be growing so fast at that rate. LOL.
I can't wait for the photos, I am so happy for you, Bob and Owen!!!!
Enjoy your full time Mommy job, it has the best benefits, out ranks any job I have ever had. ;)

WELCOME HOME OWEN, Best wishes from Canada. xo

10:09 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Welcome home and congratulations on your son, how wonderful!!!
I hope everyone transitions quickly and may the days ahead be filled with many smiles and much love!! :)

1:56 PM  
Blogger mommy24treasures said...

welcome home! I am glad your son is doing so well. I wish you all many blessings in the future.
Connie

2:28 PM  
Blogger Jewels of My Heart said...

Welcome Home.... how happy!
Hope your little guy is doing wonderful and you get to heart lots and lots of chuckles.

9:20 PM  
Blogger JMCS said...

I am so glad that you guys made it home safe! I have been thinking about you so much. I am glad that your family was waiting for you at the airport. I am also glad Owen is eating so well and how cute that Bob and Owen are snoring together. It must be music to your ears. Yeah - the jet lag stinks and the staying up until odd hours of the night. It took me about 2 weeks to get back to sleeping normally, but just think - Owen is finally home! :)

Love you,
Jonni

10:00 PM  
Blogger JMCS said...

P.S. We want pictures...SOON! :)

Love,
Jonni

10:10 PM  
Blogger Cora & Mike said...

Congrats and welcome home! I am so so happy for you! I know this was a long time coming but you are a family now and I'm sure it was worth every minute of the wait. You guys are already awesome parents, what a lucky little boy Owen is.

I can't wait to meet him!!

Love,
Cora

2:19 PM  
Blogger Shandra said...

WOnderful! I am so glad you are home and Owen is happy and feeling better. Jetlag stinks, there is no way around it! Enjoy your boy

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home