Wednesday, November 28, 2007

WHERE DOES THE TIME GO

I can't believe that Thanksgiving was almost a week ago! Since being home from work the time really goes so quickly. A little to quickly for me! I have to go back to work Tuesday, December 11th! Bob and I have really been giving consideration to me staying home with Owen. Tomorrow I am bringing him to the daycare center for a couple of hours and will do the same thing tomorrow. Next week is his "phase in" week and he will go everyday for a couple of hours and gradually work up to being there all day. I am not prepared for that. I don't want to leave him. I am worried about his eating, are they going to take the time and be sure he eats???? Is he going to get the attention that he needs??? Probably not! I mean it's a great place and all the kids seem very happy but Owen has some special needs with his cleft palate. Bob really wants me to stay home. If we really stick to a budget it is possible for me to be at home. I have to go back at least until the new year and then after that anything is possible.

I must admit, the time I spend with Owen during the day is priceless. I am exhausted and he is always attached to my side, but I wouldn't change it for anything. As tired as I am at the end of the day I am so happy. Being a mommy is not an easy job, but it really is the only job that matters.

Here are some pictures of Owen from Thanksgiving and with his daddy!

1 Comments:

Blogger kerri said...

Tracy,
I am so glad you are enjoying being at home, it is an exhausting job, but like I always say the benefits are better than any job I have ever had.
After we had Jennisfer Jeff and I discussed at great lengths whether or not I would be returning to work.
We had to work out a budget, it was difficult at first.
I didn't shop like I had been used to, wore my clothes to death(spent all the left over $$ on girls , clothes, ect), little luxuries went out the window, except for my daily Tim Horton's cup of coffee. LOL.
Jeff and I don't dine out as much, our entertainment budget has been reduced a little.
But in the grand scheme of things those things don't matter to us anymore, we are content just to be at home more enjoying every second with our babes.
I love that I don't have to rush them out of their beds in the morning to the sitters, we have a lot of leisurely mornings. I walk Jen to school and pick her up, volunteer with her class when time permits. Babysitters are more an event than the norm, they love the odd visit from one, it means movie, fun and late bedtime. LOL
I have never regretted my staying home missing the big paycheck, someday I know my kids will look back at Mommy being home.
Of course this has been a personal choice and I don't knock anyone who works outside the home.
glad Owen is doing well, post some photos when time permits, I need a little Owen fix. :O)
Kerri

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home