Friday, December 14, 2007

SO HOW ARE WE DOING?????

Not very good! This has been a rough week. Owen started his first full week at daycare and I started my first week back to work. Neither one of us is handling this very well. Tuesday he started crying once we were inside the center and I was getting ready to leave, Wednesay he started crying outside the center before we went in, Thursday he started crying at home when I was putting his jacket on, and today he started crying at 2:00 a.m. when he woke from a nightmare and was still crying at 8:00 a.m. when I had to leave him.

Yesterday we had horrible weather, I left work at 2:45 p.m. to make sure I got home in time to pick him up, well that didn't happen. At 4:30 p.m. I was still nowhere close to picking him up. I was in panic mode so I called my neighbor and asked if they would get him for me. Of course they didn't even question it, they just went and got my little boy!!! I love my neighbors!!!

While I was out of the office they decided that I needed another person to work for. She is single, not married and has no children, do I need to say more?? She has no concept of having to get home and pick up a child from daycare! I am schedule to work until 3:00 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays so yesterday with the bad weather our office closed at 4:00 p.m. instead of 5:00 p.m., so I left 15 minutes earlier then I was suppose too, this morning I came into the office and had an email from my new boss asking me to notify her early in the day when I am going to alter my schedule, my email wasn't very friendly back and basically said I left 15 minutes earlier then suppose to, and since the rest of the office left an hour earlier then suppose to I don't think it's an issue.

With all that said, we came to a very important decision one that I didn't think I would ever make! I am going to resign from my job and be a stay at home mom to Owen! One part of me is very excited about this new journey and another part is sad. I have been with my company 10 years and with my current boss 8 years. I like the people I work for, I like my job but I love my son and need to do what is best for him and our family! So, after the new year I will give my notice and be a full-time mommy to Owen!

4 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Wow Tracy! What a huge decision! But sounds like you know you are doing the right thing for yourself and Owen. Good for you at not being scared to take a big leap. Poor Owen - I am sure he'll be so happy to stay home with his mommy! Btw, I'm not returning to work until Feb - do I hear a playdate in our future??? Perhaps we should go visit Cora, who is stuck on the couch.

jen

12:50 AM  
Blogger Cora & Mike said...

Wow!! I applaud you. Not only are you doing what you know and feel is best for your son, you are getting yourself out of a potentially crappy boss situation, which is great. I couldn't take the thought of having a boss who doesn't support family life.

GOOD FOR YOU!

9:49 AM  
Blogger kerri said...

Oh Tracy, major decision.
I know you have been thinking about this, you won't regret it for one second.
I have been home now for 4 years, left a nursing job, left a nice pay cheque. But there isn't a day go by when I see the rewards.
Congrats.
did you get lots of the white stuff today, we got at least a foot, still snowing as I type, yikes!!

10:47 PM  
Blogger JMCS said...

Tracy! What wonderful news! I am so with you on this. I love being a stay at home mom and being able spend time with Sofia. It will the best decision you ever made. Of course you have to be a little more budget savvy, but it is definitely worth it. I am so happy for you. Good job too on not taking that crap from your boss.

Hugs,
Jonni

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home