Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A DECISION HAS BEEN MADE

I've decided to stay with my company on a part-time basis. I will be taking the next month or so off to prepare Owen for his surgery and to be home with him the weeks following. Once I go back I will work Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Since Bob is off on Monday's Owen will only need to be in daycare 2 days a week. My boss made me a very nice offer and felt that I needed to at least give it a chance, we agreed that if in 3 months this isn't working for me and I still want to be home full-time I can leave and there will be no bad feelings.

Friday is my last day and then me and my little guy will have much needed bonding, although I must admit he has adjusted very well to daycare and now I actually think he enjoys going. It is still hard for me and I hate leaving him but it would appear he is having a lot of fun there and everyone really loves him and takes extra care of him.

5 Comments:

Blogger kerri said...

Good for you, this sounds like a great decision for all involved. ;)

2:09 PM  
Blogger Kim and John said...

I hope everything works out with the job and its great to hear Owen is getting to like Day Care too. This bonding time will be nice for the both of you but, from the pictures and blog I see he has adjusted just fine. :-) He is a cutie pie! HOpe the surgery goes smoothly too. Take care!

8:01 AM  
Blogger JMCS said...

That's wonderful. It sounds like a win-win situation and I am glad that they are giving you some much needed time off for Owen's surgery.

Hugsm
Jonni
:)

9:40 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Total stranger here... I've been following your blog because I too want to be a sahm! I think this sounds like a sensible decision, and if you're not loving it in time, then sure, you can just completely quit. And I totally get that by you working part time your dh gets to be home with you guys more on the weekend. That might seal the deal for me, too!

2:03 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

P.S. I linked your blog at my own, and I can remove it if you wish. I realize I did this without your permission and you may not like that. Please forgive if I have offended!

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home