Sunday, January 27, 2008

FIVE DAYS UNTIL SURGERY

Owen will have his cleft palate repair surgery on Friday, February 1st. I am so not looking forward to this and getting myself very stressed and upset everyday that we get closer to the big day.

We had his pre-surgery appointment with his pediatrician on Thursday and she gave him the all clear to have the surgery, when his surgeons office called me on Friday to tell me that they received all the necessary paper work from our pediatrician and Owen was all set I told her that's great, but mommy is not all set. She laughed but I wasn't joking. I don't know how I am going to let him go and be wheeled into surgery. Part of me just wants Friday to get here so that this can be done and the other part is wishing Friday would never come.

Owen and I went to church today (Daddy had to work) and after mass we waited to speak with the priest and asked him to please give Owen and extra blessing. Owen hasn't been baptized yet, we will be doing it March 22nd so our priest blessed Owen with holy water and said that he would include him in the Friday morning Mass. As the priest blessed Owen I started to cry, Father Guilano was very comforting and gave me a hug and a blessing to be strong for my little guy. I know I have to be strong for him, but once he is in the operating room I am going to lose it until Dr. Ward comes out and says Owen is fine.

I ask all my blogger buddies to please keep Owen in your thoughts on Friday.

6 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Tracy, I would be a wreck too, but of course Owen is a trooper and he will do great! WE will definitely be thinking of him on fri.

love,
jen

7:20 PM  
Blogger kerri said...

Oh Tracy I wish I could just give you a big hug!!
I can't imagine what you are going through,I just know everything is going to be just fine, your son is a strong little guy!!
We will keep Owen in our thoughts and prayers.
Hugs to you both.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Cora & Mike said...

We will be thinking of you!! It will all be over before you know it and we look forward to reading your next post saying it's all doing and Owen is doing great - I am sure he will be just fine.

Hang in there mommy - Owen is SO lucky to have you and Bob for his parents!!

Hugs!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Kim and John said...

Tracy, I am sure Owen will do fine with the surgery. We will be thinking of you all and keeping you in our prayers! We sent Owen something to make recovery fun!

take care!

7:16 PM  
Blogger kerri said...

Thinking of you all this morning.
I know everything will go well today.
Speedy recovery wishes going out to a special little guy.
Hugs for you Tracy.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Shandra said...

You will all be in our thoughts. Hugs!

I wish I could say it will get easier but it does not. I literlally sat and stared at the clock the entire time she was in the OR. They gave us updates every 30 minutes on her or I would really have lost it.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home