Friday, February 15, 2008

SO HOW ARE WE DOING 2 WEEKS POST SURGERY?

We still aren't sleeping through the night, usually getting up every 2 hours or so. One night I actually got 5 hours in a row!! Last night, not so lucky. Owen was up every 2 hours. I've come to the conclusion that it's not so much that he is in pain but that he is hungry. But how do I explain to a 2 year old that if he just ate more during the day he would feel better at night?

We have made progress with drinking, he is back to using the sippy cup! THANK GOODNESS! Eating is still hit or miss. Things he liked pre-surgery he doesn't want anything to do with now. Today we are off to a good start, he had yogurt and oatmeal for breakfast, a nutrigrain bar and a black/white cookie that daddy bought him for valentines day, actually it was red and white for valentines day.

We also went to daycare today for a little bit to get Owen re-aquinated with the teacher and other kids. He did well, there was no crying but he didn't want to leave my side. I had figured that was going to happen, let's face it for the last 4 weeks it's been me and him, were eachother's best friends. I know that next week will be rough for him at first when he has to go back, but I think it will get better quick and he will like being with the other kids.

Thank you to everyone that sent well wishes, it really helps to know you are all out there! It has not been an easy 2 weeks, I am not sure what I thought the recovery would have been, but I am sure I had no idea it would be like this. My little buddy has been in so much pain, it broke my heart to see him that way, I am just happy that we seem to be turning the corner and hopefully things will keep getting better.

I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day, I had a great day. I spent it with Owen and then we cooked Chicken Cordon Blue for daddy.

Have a great weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger kerri said...

It sounds like your making some progress.This is great news.
I am sure daycare will be difficult the first few times, probably even harder for Mom. ;)
Hugs to you. :O)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Hon,
I am so sorry to hear how difficult the healing process has been. I imagine he'll be a bit gun shy about food for a little while longer, but as he heals, it will get easier.

I wish I knew what to say to comfort you. All I can tell you is that you are an amazing person - so caring, giving, and nurturing. Though you may not feel like it, you are giving far more comfort to him than you know.

No one ever wants to see their child in pain. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you! But, as a token Aunt, I am grateful he's going through it now, when his little body can heal faster. When you have the ability to stay home with him. When he has you and Bob to turn to for comfort (instead of not getting it repaired or being in a big, annonymous orphanage).

Actually, now that I think about it....will you adopt me??? :) Best wishes to you and Owen - and may you BOTH have a speedy recovery!

Lauren

3:33 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh, I can't imagine everything you guys have been through. I'm glad Owen is doing better, and I pray he continues to improve! I'm sure letting him go to surgery was the hardest thing, and then to watch him suffer afterwards. I'm so glad he has his family now though!

3:03 PM  
Blogger JMCS said...

I am so happy to hear that things are getting back to normal for Owen. I am glad you are through the worst part of it. Isn't it so wonderful to be able to spend Valentine's day with hubby and Owen?

Love,
Jonni

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home