Wednesday, March 05, 2008

RANDOM THINGS.....


Owen had his early intervention appointments last week and this week, so far he has been "observed" by four people. Owen automatically qualifies for speech therapy because of his cleft lip/palate but they still need to do a formal evaluation and also for other developmental delays. Happily Owen is pretty much on track for everything but speech of course he does show some delays in other areas but not one specific thing and will most likely not qualify for the other services, we have to wait for our meeting to see exactly what they approve. Bob and I had decided that we really didn't want to wait for the Board of Education to get their act together and start services so we contacted a therapist through our insurance company. Owen has been approved for 30 visits and we can start immediatly. It turns out that the speech therapist we picked works with the agency that is handling the early intervention so once we are approved she will continue to work with him. Yesterday we all met with her for her evaluation and she is confident that Owen will be speaking by the summer. She did get him to same more, I think that's because Owen always wants more food! LOL

This weekend Owen and I will take a trip to PA to visit with my family. We haven't been up there for awhile, they get a lot of snow which makes it hard to travel there. But it has been nice the last few days so I think it's safe to pay a visit. I am pretty sure we will go on Friday afternoon and stay until Sunday. I am sure we will have a fun weekend, and maybe I can get a little rest myself.

Of course I had to include this picture of our little guy, it was taken when my parents came over to watch him for a couple of hours. I was so worried about leaving him since it was the first time he would be left (other then daycare) but when we got home this is what I found. So much for him missing me when I am not around! LOL

3 Comments:

Blogger kerri said...

Oh Tracy he is so handsome, very gorgeous liitle man.I love his completion, the photo is so sweet. ;)
I am so happy for you that you have therapy lined up. It's terrific that Owen won't have to experience a change of therapist during the course of sessions.
Jillian is being seen by a speech therapist on the 25th of this month, we feel there is a delay,best we get her seen as she starts school in September.
Glad things are going well. ;)

3:08 PM  
Blogger jen said...

What a beautiful pic of him sleeping - he looks so peaceful. Hope you had a fun weekend with your family. Good luck with therapy!

10:31 AM  
Blogger JMCS said...

Adorable pic of Owen. I haven't been by in a while and just wanted to say "hi". That's great news about Owen's therapy and how good that he can stick with the same therapist. I am thinking we may need some EI too. I am going to meet with our new pediatrician next month since our old dr. moved to St. Louis. Sofia is 18 mos. and still knows very few words. Best of luck with everything.

Love,
Jonni

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home