Thursday, May 15, 2008

Earthquake in China!

I haven't posted anything about this because I really don't know what to say. It is a very sad situation and my heart hurts for all the people effect by it. So many deaths that it is too much to even think about. I am sure that there are families here that are waiting to travel to these provinces to bring their children home that now will not be able to travel, there children are in these effected areas and there is nothing they can do to help.

I know there are many orphanages that had serious damage and are without power or food.

I decided to make a posting about this because we received an email from our agency today and they have started a donation fund for all effected by this disaster they are partnering with Americares. Bob and I plan on making a contribution and hope that some of you will consider it as well. If you are interested in doing this please email me at phooket@aol.com and I will give you the information.

China and it's people will always have a very special place in our hearts, when their people hurt we hurt if we can even make a small difference then Bob and I feel that we need to do that.

Thanks

2 Comments:

Blogger redmaryjanes said...

I have been praying for China. It is just overwhelming to see the devastation.

2:34 PM  
Blogger kerri said...

I am praying for those affected with this devastating tragedy, specail thoughts going out to our Jillain's birth family, they are from the Fuling area.
Thanks for your post. xo

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home