Monday, May 05, 2008

SUPERMAN


That would be the word I would use to describe my daddy. I've always been a daddy's girl and in my eyes he can't do anything wrong, although I am sure my mother would disagree! LOL

A couple of months ago I saw a really nice kitchen table set, I really loved it. I hadn't mentioned it to Bob because I knew we really didn't have the extra money to spend on a dining room table that we really didn't need, ours was fine. I took my mom to the store and showed it to her and she of course told Bob about it and that I wanted this set. A couple of days later Bob suggested we go to look at it (dad is superman but Bob is a close 2nd and would work as many hours overtime necessary to buy it for me if I really wanted it) well, we got to the store and it was gone and they weren't getting another one like it. To say I was disappointed would be putting it lightly.
When I told my mom that they sold "my table set" and weren't getting another one she knew how upset I was about it. Of course she tells my dad and what does he do??? He builds me one that looks almost just like the one I saw, except better because Dad made it for me from scratch.

I know I take my daddy for granted, I know that I don't always say thanks for ALL the little things he does for me and for my husband and son. But I am sure he knows how much I love him and I am a better person because of him but just in case he doesn't I am letting him know now.....I LOVE YOU DADDY AND THINK YOU WALK ON WATER!!!

Here is a picture of what might be his best work ever!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger kerri said...

A work of art, handmade with love.
I don't think there is a more beautiful dining room set, your Father is a very fine carpenter, wow.
I am a Daddy's girl too, he he...

1:09 PM  
Blogger jen said...

wow! that is beautiful! just amazing!!!

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home