Friday, September 12, 2008

Remembering 9/11

I am sorry I didn't post sooner, it has been a very busy few weeks in our house. I did not want to let this sad day go without remembrance.

Last year on 9/11 Bob and I were in lower Manhattan getting our finger prints taken again, it was a day of excitement for us because this would be the last time we would need to be fingerprinted for our adoption, we would be traveling to bring Owen home just a few short weeks later but it was also a day of sadness and overwhelming feeling of lose, it doesn't matter that it is 7 years later I still carry a feeling of sadness that I know will never be lifted.

This year was a little different then past 9/11 anniversaries, usually I watch all the ceremonies and news cast relating to this day. This year I did not, I felt that Owen is too young to understand and I know that I would not be able to watch without crying, I just didn't want to expose my son to that just yet. He gets very upset when I cry and will run over to me and wipe my face with his hand. So instead this year, I went to St. Patricks Cathedral said a pray had my moment of reflection and went on with my day.....being Owen's mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home