Thursday, September 25, 2008

SOCIAL WORKER VISIT AND OTHER STUFF

Wednesday Bob, Owen and I met with our social worker for the last "official"time. We had our one year follow up visit which is required by China, it is the last one that is required to complete the adoption process. It is so funny to me that we as adopted parents need to be followed for a year by a social worker when there are many parents that have biological children that walked out of a hospital and never need to be seen again! I can name several of these parents that need to be followed but aren't. Anyway, back to our visit.....We had a very nice visit with her and she could not believe how far Owen has come. He was being his adorable self as usual, this visit she really got to see his personality, our last visit was right after Owen's Cleft Palate Surgery and he was still not back to his normal. Bob and I both felt a little sad that that chapter of our adoption journey is over, our agency has been a HUGE part of our lives for the last three years, It is almost exactly three years that we started this process. Not sure if I ever mentioned that the day I wrote the check to our agency was the day that Owen was born, of course we had no idea that our son was being brought into the world just as we started preparing to be a family!!!

Of course we can still be very much involved with with them, they have functions through out the year and we do plan on attending as many of them as we can.

Saturday we go to pick up our camper, we are all very excited and can't wait to get it home. We have our first adventure already planned, we are going to Hershey Park and staying at their camp group for two nights and going to the Hershey Park Halloween Festivities. I am hoping a fun time will be had by all! My parents plan on meeting us at the RV store and perhaps look into buying a new camper themselves. They currently have one but are thinking of upgrading to a bigger one.

Sunday is the Annual Decorate the House for Fall/Halloween!! I LOVE this time of year!!! The weather is perfect, pumpkin picking and apple picking is so much fun and you get to wear all the great fall sweaters and jeans!!! Last year we decorated but we were still waiting to travel to China to pick up Owen and I was a little less in the spirit because I was really wanting to travel and meet the little guy.

Next week is a busy week for the McGrath's, Owen has two appointments one is for Early Intervention and the other is for the CPSE which is early intervention but for the 3 year and up crowed which is what he will be next month and my dad is going for his biopsy, can not wait for that to be over, still have fingers eyes and toes crossed that all comes out fine!!! By the way, thanks for the emails sent to me asking me about my dad, I do appreciate them!!

1 Comments:

Blogger kerri said...

Congrats to the McGrath's!!
It feels so good to have the final placement completed!!
I can't wait to hear about your campout to Hershey park, we really have a lot in common, LOL!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home