Monday, October 06, 2008

RANDOM THOUGHTS

Tomorrow is Owen's big THIRD birthday! I can not believe a year has gone by since I was preparing his birthday package to be shipped to the orphanage. Now I am preparing all the celebrations that we are having for our little guy.

This weekend was the first of many birthday cakes to come for the Prince, we were at my mom and dads house and sang Happy Birthday and he received his first round of gifts. Right now my sister is number one in the gift department according to Owen, she bought him the Little Tykes Scooter. He LOVES it. My nine year old nephew has the real thing and now Owen thinks he is a big boy like Matthew. When we sang happy birthday he was clapping and when we got to Happy Birthday to Owen, he yelled OWEN! Very cute.

Tomorrow is his actually birthday and we are having the "family" celebration. My parents, sister, nephew and very good friends Ken and Allan will be over for dinner and cake. Saturday is the kids party and right now we are up to 20 kids, YIKES! I did not realize my little guy is so popular. Everyone invited RSVP yes. I am happy about it though because I really wanted him to have a great birthday party and I am pretty sure it will be pretty great. After the kiddie party we are having another "family" dinner this time with my parents, sister, nephew and then Owen's godfather and his family.

Sunday is our annual pumpkin picking expedition. I am thinking by Sunday night I will want to crawl into bed and not come out! If only that was an option.

I will do a posting of all the birthday pictures at one time after the closing ceremonies on Sunday evening! :)

No update on my dad just yet, we are still waiting for the results of the biopsy, hopefully in the next day or two. He's in good spirits though and that counts for a lot.

Not sure how much I will be able to post in the coming days, hope everyone has a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home