Monday, October 13, 2008

WE GOT THE NEWS

Not exactly what we were hoping to hear, Dad has 2 cancer spots in his prostate. They biopsy 13 different areas so the big picture is that it's good news since only 2 of the 13 spots showed up as cancer but still you do not want to hear about any.

The problem right now is that he still is not peeing on his own. The doctor took out the caththier but he doesn't have high hopes that this is the end of it. If he does not go to the bathroom by 3:30 p.m. they he needs to go back to the doctor and have it reinserted. This is VERY bad news, my dad is not handling this caththier situation very well and neither him or my mother have slept in three days.

Thank you once again for all the emails, please continue to think about us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cora & Mike said...

Oh I'm so sorry Tracy. I'm glad that the news isn't worse (it always could be) but still - not easy to swallow for anyone.

I work with people who know an awful lot about oncology so if I can help in anyway, please call or write me!!!

I'm thinking of you - take it one day at a time - lots of hugs!!

Cora

1:36 PM  
Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh Dear! How awful! I'm so sorry! I will pray that things work out okay.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home