Tuesday, February 24, 2009

There hasn't been a whole lot to blog about lately. Life has pretty much fallen into a routine and that's o.k. with me. I like the norm.

This weekend I have my high school reunion, I went to an all girl catholic high school, my graduating class was 42 girls and I had been with the same group of girls for the entire four years. I suppose my dad thought I needed structure of an all girl Catholic high school, maybe he was right. I made a few good friends from high school, girls that I am still friends with today. My very good friend Heide has been in my life since I am 12 years old, we've shared many memories together, some really really good and some not so good. I am god mother to her daughter and really glad that our friendship was able to with stand the early years.

My mom and dad are coming down Saturday night and sleeping over so that they can watch Owen for us while I am at my reunion lunch on Sunday, Bob has a class that he must take in order to maintain his EMT instructor licence. I am very lucky to have such great parents that always make time for us and love to spend time with Owen, not sure what we would do without them.

Speaking of my parents, my dad is in his last full week of radiation treatment. THANK GOD he has made it through this with very little side effects, we've been so lucky. He has the rest of this week and three days next week and that is it. It's been scary to have this to deal with but we made it through as a family and he was never alone. How could he be alone with two daughters, a wife and two grandchildren that think the world parts for him.

Owen continues to be the perfect little boy, we really couldn't have asked for a better child. He obviously doesn't have our DNA, LOL He is such a kind caring boy, he wants everyone to be his friend and thinks the world is one big sunshine, I hope that never changes for him.

1 Comments:

Blogger kerri said...

I am so happy to hear this is your Dad's last week of radiation therapy, very good news!!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home