Saturday, June 27, 2009

I just can't seem to find the time that I used to for the blog. It's not from a lack of interest it's just that Owen consumes all of my time. Between Speech Therapy and OT Therapy, work, birthday parties, playdates, etc. I just can't keep up.

Owen has made so many milestones, we are fully potty trained, he speech is amazing it's clear and full sentances most of the time. He can now spell his name and write it all by himself, he knows all his shapes, colors, abc, and numbers. When you leave him he says I love you and i miss you, it's the sweetest thing. His favorite shows are WOW WOW WUZZBY, Backyardigans and the Wonder Pet's and still LOVES ELMO but we've crossed over to big boy interest now as well like Dinosaures, Monsters and Cars.

I can not believe that in 3 short months my little guy is going to be a BIG FOUR, and in September he is going to Pre-K. Is this really possible?? It feels like yesterday that we were waiting to travel and bring him home.

When Owen was placed in our hands he was a shy, quite, baby. He has transformed into a Outspoken, Friendly Boy. He has many friends in Daycare, when he arrives most kids are already there and they all call out to him "Owen's Here, YEAH" It's so cute to see and makes me very proud that my boy is popular, that even though he is still behind many of the kids at his age level he is able to keep up, make friends and be one of the crowd. That warms my heart.

This morning Bob and I had a conversation about Owen's birth mother, we talk about her often but this morning was a saddness of what she has lost, looking at him and knowing that when I look into his beautiful eyes I am really looking into the eyes of a women that I could never know, I could never say Thank you and more importantly let her know that her little boy, our little boy is doing wonderful, he is a well adjusted happy boy.

I am going to try my best to keep this blog more up to date!

1 Comments:

Blogger JMCS said...

Oh Tracy, you are going to make me cry after reading this beautiful post. I know what you mean about wishing you could tell Owen's BM how great he is doing and thank you. I have also frequently thought of Sofia's and Samantha's BM and I just wish there was a way I could let them know what wonderful blessings they provided us.

hugs,
Jonni

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home