Monday, July 13, 2009

MY DADDY

Yesterday was my dad's 67th birthday! He has been through so much this past year, he fought prostate cancer, a bout of depression, and even panic attacks. None of which you would have ever expected to see my dad go through if you knew him. He is the rock of our family, the problem solver, the one person who could fix anything, yet we've found ourselves trying to fix him.

Owen loves his Papa, and Papa seriously loves Owen. I love to watch them together it is a special bond.

So, just when we think our superman has come out on top and has turned the corner we get more bad news. He has been complaining about a pain in his breast. We've all been taking it lightly but he really has pain and so he went to the doctor today.....He has to go for a mamorgram. Apparently there is a mass and they need to do more testing to see what it is. How could this be??? We have breast cancer in our family, my Aunt Marie died of breast cancer, my mom, sister and I go for our yearly mamorgrams to be proactive and catch anything early, but we NEVER thought that our father would have to be concerned about this.

I am sad, I just don't know how much one more man is suppose to endure? How much is one family suppose to endure?

I don't want my daddy to be sick anymore, I want my loving, free spirit, funny daddy back.

1 Comments:

Blogger JMCS said...

Happy 67th bday to your dad and I hope that everything turned out okay with his chest pain.

Hugs,
Jonni

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home